Thursday, June 30, 2011

22 Weeks Dr. Appointment

     I had my Dr. appointment this week.  We started the appointment discussing my "growth spurt".  Ok so I've gained a few pounds and I think most of it was this last week.  Lets just say I had more than a couple s'mores last weekend.  I couldn't disappoint the kids.  They kept wanting to roast marshmallows and no one else wanted any.   So I took one for the team.  Last night didn't help either.  I had a couple of helpings of macaroni salad.  Yikes, 18 more weeks!
     So after discussing my weight gain the doctor measured my stomach.  Apparently the baby had a growth spurt too!  The belly measurement is supposed to match(or close to) how many weeks you are.  Well, I am 22 weeks and my belly is measuring 28!!!  I think the doctor saw the look on my face and reassured me that doesn't mean I'm going to have a big baby.  I told him that I'm holding him to that.  That explains why I can't breath these days.
     Ok now for the good news...there's a heart beat!  140 beats per minute.  My blood pressure is down!
     The appointment went well despite our "growth spurt."  I know I have no control over the weight gain but seriously who wants to see the scale hit numbers I've never seen before.  I know, better get used to it!  The next doctors appointment is the glucose test.

Apparently I wasn't too upset about my weight gain because after my appointment I went straight to Dairy Queen.  Unfortunately(or maybe fortunately) Dairy Queen isn't open at 10 o'clock in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment