Saturday, June 25, 2011

22 Weeks

     It's been a pretty good week.  Nothing real exciting happened.  I'm starting to realize I only have 2 more weeks of work.  With the reality hitting me, I'm starting to freak out about how much there is to get done at home and at work.  My to do list is growing daily.  Along with the growing to do list, I've started nesting!  Well, at school anyway.  After sitting outside in the sun with the kids all day and cleaning I am exhausted by the time I get home from work.
     Ryan is still amazed by my growing belly.  The other day he tried to be "helpful".  He came home from work and decided I looked rather big.  So he had me adjust the length of my shirt because pulling it all the way down made me look bigger.  By the end of his adjustments his advice was to wear shorter shirts that weren't so tight(cause tight makes me look bigger too)!  Who knew Ryan had so many hidden talents!
     A couple of days ago, I weighed myself and decided to ask Ryan how much he thought I had gained since my last Dr.'s appointment(3 weeks ago).  He looked at me not sure he should really answer.  After some time he finally said 15 lbs!  After all that thinking he was doing he was trying to come up with an answer that wouldn't hurt my feelings.  So I know 15 lbs. was on the low end of what he was really thinking.  I had only gained 3 lbs. but I guess we will find out who is closer at our next appointment Wednesday.

Baby News
Sleep:  Finally I had my first good night sleep since I can't remember.  Thanks to my friend Cassie for letting me borrow her body pillow!  What a difference it is making.  Thanks Cassie!

Cravings:  Cold drinks and FOOD.  The other morning I woke up at 2 a.m. to pee.  I tried to go back to bed but apparently it was "twirl and kick your Mom like CraZY time"!  Then I realized I was starving.  After an hour of laying in bed I decided to get up and eat something.  I was able to fall back to sleep but woke up starving again.  It didn't matter what I ate that day, it was never enough!  My meals turned into 4 course meals and my snacks turned into meals.  I was starting to worry that's how the rest of the pregnancy would be but the next day I was back to normal.  Sadly, the real reason I was worried about all the eating was because I didn't wan't to wake up in the middle of the night to eat!  Seriously, how would Princess Mindee be a princess without her beauty sleep?!  


Movement:  She's still moving!  She either really loved or hated mowing the lawn the other night.  I'm not sure which but there was a lot of movement!  Now that I think about it, she was probably sleeping since she likes to party like a rockstar at 2 a.m.  I probably woke her up with the loud and bumpy mower!


Worries:  I need a clean house!  NOW!!!  I can't bring a baby home to this filthy place!  I am trying to figure out how I can tear out the carpet and put wood floors in.   Well, not  really.  I'm really trying to figure out how to convince Ryan that it's a good idea(or even his idea) without him freaking out but before I freak out and rip it all up while he's gone.  





No comments:

Post a Comment