Saturday, August 6, 2011

28 weeks!

What a week it's been!  I found out Monday that I failed my glucose test by 1 point.  So I had to go in and have the 3 hour glucose test.  I wasn't looking forward to the 3 hour test.  I couldn't eat before the test and I could eat during the test.  That was the hardest part of it all.  They took my blood when I got there made me drink the sugary drink and then took blood every hour after that.  I have to say Rod(the lab guy) did a great job!  4 holes in my arms and no bruising.  I was hoping I wouldn't look like a junky afterwards.  It really wasn't that bad just boring.  It was all worth it though and I passed!!!  Yay!  I am so glad because I wasn't looking forward to watching my diet.  I've always had a sweet tooth but I haven't eaten too much the last 15 years or so.  In college they are just to expensive and then living with Ryan I didn't have to much either since he didn't like sweets.  But that has all changed the last month or so.  Ice cream, cookies, or some other dessert almost every day.  I am loving fulfilling my sweet tooth.

Not sure but my morning sickness might be back.  Last night we went over to a friends house after Ryan got off work.  I felt fine but the minute we pulled in the driveway I got sick!  I hadn't even turned off the car yet.  Ryan was already out of the car talking to his friend, thank God!  He turned around and asked me what I was doing.  I said I'm going home I just threw up!  SO embarrassing!

Baby News:
Sleeping:  NO!  Not sure if I was worried about the test or maybe still mad at the oil guy but I could not sleep a wink this week.  It didn't help that this little girl decided to be a night owl just like her daddy.  About 9p.m. every night she decides to party till midnight or later.  Bad news little lady cause Mommy is a morning person and we will be redoing this schedule you are on(I know wishful thinking).  And for some reason I am unable to take naps this week too.  I lay down hoping for a little one.  NOPE, not happening!
Cravings:  Dairy Queen
Movement:  Yes ALL night!  Lots of movement during the glucose test.  Poor little girl probably had a huge sugar high.
Worries:  Good bye 2nd trimester HELLO 3rd!  Holy cow!  I can't believe it.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I never thought the day would come.  I know that her chances of survival are really good at this point but I still can't help but worry about a still birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment